Pages

Tuesday 26 October 2021

eating hot chilli

Aim : I want to find out how to get rid of burning chilli off my tongue.


Research: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYCaaL1sidw funny video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qD0_yWgifDM  Science video


Instructions:

  • Get your equipment
  • Scoop some chilly onto your stick.
  • scoop some chilli onto your stick.
  • stop the timer after 4 minutes.
  • rate how hot your mouth is.
  • do it again but after two minutes drink coke .
  • do it again but drink milk after.
  • #
First test I will rate that a 10/10
second test 5.3/10 with water
third test with milk 2.5/10

Many milk-based products contain a protein called casein, which can help break down those capsaicin tricksters. Think of casein as a detergent — attracting, surrounding and helping wash away the oil-based capsaicin molecules floating around your mouth, similar to how soap washes away grease.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next
time or ask me a question.