Pages

Sunday 14 March 2021

Counting on the beat, Ukulele

In Hurumanu 2 we have been learning about the Ukulele.

The Ukulele was created in Hawaii by Spanish people that couldn't

find enough wood to make a real guitar so they made a smaller version and that was when the Ukulele was created.



There are also different sizes of Ukulele and there are electric Ukuleles as well.

Most Ukuleles only have four strings on it, and the string are made of nylon so they are softer for your fingers and they wont hurt as much.

There are all sorts of varieties of Violin like,

  • Tenor,
  • Baritone,
  • Concert,
  •  and Soprano. 
You can make Ukuleles out of anything like a surf board or maybe even a random table I think, the Ukulele is reffered  to jumping flea 
in Hawaiian 


Ukulele Whānau Hanger by Childspace New Zealand ECE

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next
time or ask me a question.