Pages

Thursday 11 March 2021

Counting on the beat

 In Hurumanu 2 we have been learning about recorders, recorders are similar  to flute. 

MusicWorks : Brass & Woodwind - Descant Recorders - Descant - Yamaha  Recorder, Descant 3 Piece, YRS24B  We tried to play the recorder but we were not very good at it.


The Recorder is a instrument where you blow into it and by using the holes on the recorder you can make different tunes.

In the old days people used to make recorders out of wood,
you can get a bunch of different types of Recorders like,
  • Soprano,
  • Alto,
  • Bass,
  • and Tenor.

Parts Of A Recorder Explained – Dynamic Music Room
Most Recorders look the same but their just in different sizes.

You can even take the Recorder apart and make different sounds with those pieces for fun, did you know that the Recorder dates way back to the middle ages that's way before the Clarinet, Harmonica and Tuba  .

Recorders were carved out of Ivory wood, 




No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next
time or ask me a question.