Pages

Sunday 14 March 2021

Counting on the beat, Orchestra.

 In Hurumanu 2 my class and I have been learning about orchestra.

New Zealand Symphony Orchestra (NZSO) tickets, concerts, tour dates,  upcoming gigs - Stuff Events

Usually there is about 100 people in a symphony orchestra a Chamber Orchestra usually has about 30 to 40 people in it, and they are all lead by one person, the principal conductor he or she is the person that stands facing towards the group and makes different movements with their hands and they usually have a stick in their hand that is called a Baton.

An Orchestra has heaps of different  types of instruments including

  • Clarinet
  • Bassoons
  • Violins
  • Trumpets
  • Trombones
  • Drums.
  • Cello
  • Basses
  • Flutes
  • Oboe.
 The Orchestra was created by a man called Claudio Monteverdi on may 15 1567 then he sadly passed away in November 1643.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next
time or ask me a question.