Pages

Thursday 18 November 2021

Red cabbage indicator

 Aim: I want to find out how red cabbage can tell if a liquid is an acid.

Research:    Red cabbage science

Method:

Equipment:

  • Rack of test tubes.
  • red cabbage.
  • warm water in a mug.
  • Hydrochic acid.
  •  sodium hydroxide.
  • dropper

Instructions: 

  1. get your equipment.
  2. crush your red cabbage up in little pieces(the smaller the better).
  3.  get your dropper and drop three big squirts in each test tube.
  4. add some Hydrochic acid and some sodium hydroxide.
  5. keep adding little amounts of acid until you get multiple colours you can also get 2 colours in one tube.

Results, 
I managed to get blue yellow green red pink and purple.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next
time or ask me a question.