Pages

Wednesday 10 June 2020

Matariki

This week for maori we have been learning about matariki, matariki is a cluster of stars in the sky that comes out at mid year and is also a sign to start growing new crops because if you plant them at the wrong time of the year they won't grow and it was also the maori new year, the cluster of stars are seven sisters and their names are:

  1. waiti 
  2. waita 
  3. ururangi 
  4. matariki 
  5. tapa u nuku 
  6. tapa a rangi 
  7. waipunarangi.
here is the video we watched about matariki

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next
time or ask me a question.